At this week’s MSCFF Presidents Meeting the floor voted to proceed with the MISSOURI PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS plates. Below is a mockup of the plates and the steps for a person to obtain the Missouri Professional Firefighter plates. This applies to any applicant after the plates go into production.
- To be eligible to apply for the plates you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- You are currently a member of the IAFF in good standing
- You are an Active Retiree of the IAFF
- You are a former member of the IAFF who has left in Good Standing (this would include former members who have Retired from or Promoted out of the IAFF)
The applicant makes a $25 donation to the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters Community Action Fund. This donation goes to the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters and not to DOR.
Please mail a check or money order to –
MSCFF Action Fund
6320 Manchester Ave. Suite 42 c/o Sherwood Smith
Kansas City, MO 64133
- Upon receipt of your check, the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters will issue you a completed Emblem Use Authorization Statement (EUAS) to the applicant as proof of donation.
- The applicant will complete an Application for Missouri Personalized and Special License Plates (Form 1716PDF Document) (if you are not able to print form 1716, we will send one to you) listing their personalized license plate configuration(s).
- The plates will only be available in personalized configurations.
- “Professional Firefighter” will be added to the application once production begins. For the first 200 it will need to be noted in the “other” box.
- Applicant will submit the completed 1716 form along with the EUAS from the Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters and a $15 specialty plate fee to any local license office or by mail to the central office in Jefferson City for processing.
- The $15 specialty plate fee is paid to DOR for cost of producing of the plate.
- After review of the personalized configuration by DOR the plate will be ordered for manufacturing.
- Upon completion plates will be mailed to the applicant’s local license office and notice will be mailed to the applicant by DOR.
- Applicant will visit the license office and register the plate to their vehicle and pay any applicable registration fees.
Brothers and Sisters, please remember that these license plates not only tell the story of your training and sacrifice, but you should also know that the $25.00 cost goes toward helping to advance the enhancement of safety issues and working conditions of Missouri’s First Responders while also helping us better serve the communities in which we live and work. Also, these plates are available for your immediate family members. And one last point, in most circumstances the cost of these plates may be tax deductible (please consult your tax preparer for details). If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or text me 816.536.2662 or reply to this email.
Sherwood L. Smith
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters